Bruny Island Wilderness Coast Tour with Cruise Departing From Hobart
What you need to know
This day tour to Bruny Island includes a scenic drive and ferry crossing to Bruny Island, where you can enjoy delicious handmade morning tea and lunch at the beachside café all of which is included in the price.
This sightseeing day tour from Hobart includes an amazing scenic wilderness cruise taking you into deep sea caves and alongside famous towering Jurassic cliffs shaped by the epic forces of nature over millions of years. On the three hourBruny Island cruise you will also be taken to visit other amazing geological formations such as the "Breathing Rock" and the cathedral-like "Monument". This cruise will take you past some of Tasmania's pristine wilderness areas to encounter the amazing coastal wildlife; including seals, sea eagles and playful dolphins.
Tours depart daily from the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Centre at 7:45am and return at 5:30pm, unfortunately hotel transfers aren't included in the price which means guests are to make their own way to and from the Franklin Wharf departure point.
Bruny Island encompasses the wild spirit of Tasmania - take a step back in time and explore Bruny Island's unique wildlife, culture and fascinating history on a fully guided day trip from Hobart.
- Ferry crossing
- Delicious homemade morning tea and lunch
- 3 hour Bruny Island Cruise
- Hotel transfers
- Winner of Australia’s Best Tourist Attraction 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Spectacular views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Wrest Point Casino
- Kingston - Hobart's fastest growing town
- Skirt the D'Entrecasteaux Channel noted for its aquaculture developments
- Pass through the tiny town of Snug and into the boating village of Kettering
- Drive onto the ferry for the crossing to Bruny Island
- Enjoy a delicious complimentary morning tea on Bruny Island
- Board our cruise boat at stunning Adventure Bay
- The Monument, Nature's Cathedral - stark 300 metre high Jurassic dolerite cliffs
- Look upwards from directly below the cliffs
- Breathing Rock - the spectacle of an explosive blow hole
- Look for Sea Eagles' nests
- Pristine untouched rainforests and beaches
- Triassic sandstone cliffs
- Stunning sea caves and rock formations
- Shearwater (Muttonbird) rookeries
- Explore Friar Rocks - home to over a thousand Australian Fur Seals and sea bird nesting areas
- Look for dolphins - they usually choose to be with us!
- Tours depart daily from the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Centre, Franklin Wharf, Hobart Waterfront at 7.45am and return at 5.30pm.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Open-air tiered seating gives each passenger an excellent all-round view. An open sided design ensures a direct connection with nature, not enclosed behind glass. * Each boat carries a maximum of 43 passengers, delivering an intimate and personal eco-cruising experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Bruny Island Wilderness Coast Tour with Cruise Departing From HobartPennicott Wilderness Journeys Centre, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, TAS 7000