Bonorong Wildlife Park and Richmond Tour from Hobart
What you need to know
Established in 1981 as a sanctuary for injured and orphaned wildlife, Bonorong has quickly become Tasmania's most popular wildlife parks. All of Bonorong's feathered and furry residents undergo meticulous assessments to ensure they are healthy and happy in the park's care. While not technically a "zoo", Bonorong Wildlife Park is a sanctuary that specialises in the caring for, and rehabilitation of, orphaned and injured wildlife while giving you an up-close-and-personal experience.
Step inside the big, wooden gates and you will be stepping inside their animal's homes - a home that is the perfect climate and environment for their needs, with one of the largest mobs of friendly, free-ranging kangaroos and wallabies. Meet them all by hand-feeding them with the complimentary bag of animal feed given to you on your arrival. While in Bonorong you'll be able to enjoy a guided tour of the park where you can learn about all of the animals and their individual habits.
The next highlight on the agenda for the day is a visit to Richmond. While in the region you'll be given time to explore the area's best sights including Richmond Gaol and Richmond Bridge while also admiring the unique shops and restaurants. Tours depart six days a week (except Sunday) between November and April and every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between May and October at 1:10pm from Brooke Street Pier Terminal and return at 5pm.
- Afternoon tour
- Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Hotel transfers
- Constitution Dock
- ABC buildings - Hobart's original sandstone railway station
- Head out the Brooker Highway passing North Hobart and New Town
- Derwent Entertainment Centre
- Bonorong Wildlife Conservation Centre overlooking the Brighton Valley, offering close-up experiences of Australian native animals
- Get warm and friendly with a Tasmanian Devil!
- Take a guided tour of Bonorong and learn of the habits of our native animals
- Quolls, wombats, sugar gliders
- Koalas, cockatoos, echidnas
- Kangaroos, wallabies and more
- Visit Richmond - one of Australia's most unique and historic towns
- Time to explore Richmond - the bridge, the Gaol, convict built homes, small cottages, unique shops and restaurants.
- Tours depart everyday except Sundays from November to April and Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from May to October at 1.10pm and returns at 5pm. Tours depart from Brooke Street Pier Terminal or from your hotel.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Bonorong Wildlife Park and Richmond Tour from Hobart593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, TAS 7030