Hervey Bay Whale Watch and Island Adventure Tour
Only tour offering Whale watching and Island Access in a half day tour
Experience the best of Hervey Bay and Great Sandy National Park
Exhilarating boat ride
Closest-to-waterline boat in Hervey Bay
Direct access to pristine secluded beaches for beach activities and games
Beautiful scenery, multiple island stops and wildlife encounters
- Five hour tour (approx.)
- Fun and experienced crew
- Beach games and activities
- Whale Watching
- Use of snorkeling gear and flotation devices at Island Locations
- Stand up paddle boards
- Individual dry boxes for personal gear
- Licensed Vessel
- Local historical knowledge
- Direct access to beaches and sandbanks
- A small marine toilet on board
- Bottled Water
- Light Refreshments
- Only Boat tour offering Whale watching and Island Access in a Half Day Tour!
- If you are wanting to experience the best of Hervey Bay & the great sandy national Park but only have a short amount of time, this is the tour for you!
- Closest-to-waterline boat in the Bay, for a whale watching experience like no other
- Explore World Heritage listed the northern Great Sandy Strait on this exhilarating boat ride
- Direct access to pristine secluded beaches where you can take part in beach activities and games
- Beautiful scenery, multiple island stops and wildlife encounters
- Lead by qualified, experienced, local and friendly guides, our sheltered and shallow bays are safe and fun for the whole family to enjoy
- Departs approximately 7:30am
- Check-in for the tour is at 7am
- Departs approximately 1:30pm
- Check-in for the tour is at 1pm
- Please allow 5 hours for Morning Tour and 4 hours in the Afternoon Tour
- This experience departs from the Urangan Boat Harbour Boat Ramp, Jetty St, Urangan QLD 4655
What To Bring
- Sun protection is essential
- Warm/Water-proof jackets highly recommended for travel/whale time
- Please bring a hat (with a strap), sunscreen, sunglasses and a sun shirt
- Swimmers and towel
- Suitable shoes (think thongs, crocs, or reef shoes)
- This is an adventure, so be prepared for SEA-SPRAY!
- During the Winter Months please be aware this is an open aired vessel, Warm Water proof jackets are highly recommended
- Although good health and a positive attitude are essential, you do not need any prior experience to partake in a Salty Safari adventure
- A signed release will be required from all participants on departure
- Arrive wearing your swimmers (there is no change room available)
- We have a flexible itinerary - the tour may be different each day depending on sea conditions
- If unfavourable weather for access into Platypus Bay to watch whale’s, the tour will be adjusted as needed for safety
- Our tours are suitable for ages three and above, but it is essential passengers can climb up and down a ladder for beach/water access
- This is a fast ride, there will be bumps and quick turns so please consider your physical and medical conditions before booking
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Cruise and snorkel the clear waters of the Great Sandy National park for a marine encounter discovering turtles, dolphins, sea birds and more. Book here!
Departing from Bundaberg, fly to Lady Elliot Island in the Great Barrier Reef to enjoy a glass bottom boat tour, snorkelling, buffet lunch and scenic flight
Do Fraser Island in one fun-filled day from Rainbow Beach. You'll see Lake McKenzie, Central Station & Maheno Shipwreck plus enjoy a delicious lunch.
Tour Fraser Island to view freshwater lakes, rainforest and wildlife on this exciting 2 day 4WD eco adventure from Hervey Bay with meals and accomodation!
Explore Splitters Farm in Bundaberg at your own pace, and spend time feeding the friendly rescue animals. This is the perfect day out immersed in nature!
Book this 2 Day Fraser Island Tour from Rainbow Beach here to view the highlights of the island. Most meals, transport and accommodation are included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!