Sea World Whale Watching Cruise
What you need to know
Departing from Sea World on the Gold Coast, this is one of Australia’s premier whale watching experiences. Join marine experts for a close encounter with majestic Humpback Whales aboard one of Australia’s newest and luxurious whale watching vessels. Within minutes of the Gold Coast, cruise to the ‘Humpback Highway’ and spy on the world’s largest animals from 6 spacious viewing platforms from sea level to the sundeck with a spectacular backdrop of the Surfers Paradise skyline. During the 2.5 hour cruise learn more about these fascinating marine creatures and listen to unique whale songs live with an underwater microphone on board.
The Gold Coast whale watching season runs from early June to November and whale watching cruises will depart daily from the Sea World Cruise Terminal at 7.30am, 10am, 12.30pm and 3pm. Enjoy an early morning cruise before a day of activities on the Gold Coast or relax and sleep in with late afternoon departures available. If your whale watching cruise fails to sight a whale then an alternative date will be offered.
Don't miss out on the 2019 whale watching season- book your whale watching cruise online here!
- 2.5 hour Whale Watch Cruise
- In the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
- VIP Lounge "Captains Club" offers passenger to access to the VIP area which you can have interactive communication with a captain. Also, get complimentary refreshments and snacks.
- Watch the Humpback Whales at play against the spectacular backdrop of Surfers Paradise
- Knowledgeable crew
- Purpose-built new boat for Gold Coast sea condition
- Uninterrupted grandstand views from 3 spacious viewing platforms
- Tours depart daily from early June to early November at 7:30am, 10am, 12:30pm and 3pm.
- Departing from the Sea World Cruise Terminal, located in the car park outside of Sea World, Seaworld Drive, Main Beach
What to Bring
- Warm clothes
- Flat shoes
- Seasickness remedy if required
- Whale Watch Cruise is not suited for children under the age of 3 years
- Guaranteed sightings or we will provide you an alternative date
- Cruises will be canceled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Please advise at time of booking in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the Shopping Cart if you are traveling with an infant
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of the purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Sea World Whale Watch will not provide a refund of any kind to passengers if a tour fails to sight a whale, in the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher.
Sea World Whale Watching CruiseSea World Cruise Terminal, Sea World Dr, Main Beach, QLD 4217