Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile Cruise
What you need to know
Get up close with some of Australia's most prehistoric creatures in this Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile Cruise. Cruising along a 60 kilometre course from Darwin to the Adelaide River you'll be immersed in the fun and adventure of this ruggedly beautiful area. Home to over 1600 crocodiles and famous for 'Jumping Crocodiles', you are certain to witness at least one of these prehistoric beasts in their natural habitat. As you cruise the river enjoy banter and stories about these impressive creatures from the experts on board as they take you as close as possible for a completely surreal experience.
After the adrenalin rush of seeing these beasts is over, you'll make your way to the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre for relaxing views over the Marrakai Plains. After your stop here it's on to Fogg Dam Nature Reserve where you'll have the opportunity to view a wetland ecosystem up close filled with a range of different fauna and flora. The monsoon and eucalypt forest, melaleuca woodland and open water attract a diverse range of birds, reptiles, mammals and marsupials that will hopefully come out to play when you visit.
Accommodation transfers are included in this tour and will pick guests up before the 1:15pm departure time and transfer them back home following the 6:30pm return. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and a hat, as well as pack a water bottle, some sunscreen and of course your camera!
- Jumping Crocodile Cruise
- Entry to Window on the Wetlands Visitors Centre
- The Adelaide River, home to over 1600 Crocodiles
- The location of the famous Jumping Crocodiles
- The Wetlands Visitor Centre
- Marrakai Plains
- Fogg Dam Nature Reserve
- Spot for birds and other wildlife
- Tours depart daily throughout the year with the exception of NOV-MAR when the tour runs Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri only.
- Tours depart at 1.15pm (or earlier from your hotel) and return at 6.30pm
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Jacket in the cooler months
- Companion card holders are entitled to a 50% discount, however the companion card must be presented at time of travel to validate. Please contact the tour operator directly to book in for your companion passenger. Once the booking has been made you will be sent a voucher with the tour operators details attached
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile CruiseShop 6, 52 Mitchell Street, Darwin, NT 0800