Self Drive Kuranda Tour including Scenic Railway and Skyrail
Ride up to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway
Journey down on the Skyrail Cableway
Free time to explore Kuranda Village
Skip the lines with pre-allocated tickets
Discounted Kuranda attraction pass included
Explore Kuranda at your own pace
Visit Kuranda and take the Scenic Railway up, then the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway back down with this great value self-drive package! Explore Kuranda at your own pace where all you need to do is make your way to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and the rest is taken care of for you - now that’s a holiday! Your journey starts with a scenic drive to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Meet your hostess/driver at Skyrail's covered bus stop where you will be transferred by coach to Freshwater Station for the journey on Kuranda Scenic Rail.
Kuranda Scenic Railway: Stop at the Barron Falls Station and then slowly wind your up the mountain passing through 15 tunnels and the photogenic trestle bridge at Stoney Creek Falls. Kuranda Village: The amount of free time you would like to spend in Kuranda is up to you, you will be provided with a free village map so that you can make the most of your day in Kuranda. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: The gondola ride takes approximately 1.5 hours enjoying panoramic views of the Coral Sea and rainforest surrounds.
- Coach transfer from Skyrail to Freshwater Station
- Journey along the Kuranda Scenic Rail up to Kuranda Village
- Free time to explore Kuranda Village
- Glide over the rainforest canopy on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway back to Cairns
- Hotel transfers. This is a self drive tour only and you need to make your own way to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Self Drive to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Meet at Skyrail Rainforest Cableway by 8.10am
- Transfer to Freshwater Station to meet the Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Scenic Railway to Kuranda Village at 8.50am
- Pre-allocated Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Rail tickets allow you to skip the ticket lines
- 10% discount on entry into iconic Kuranda attractions
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway from Kuranda Village at 12.45pm (2 hours in Kuranda Village)
- Disembark Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to collect your car
- One way Kuranda Scenic Railway journey to Kuranda Village
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- One way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey from Kuranda Village
- Skip the queues with pre-allocated boarding passes
- Discounted entry to Birdworld, Koala Gardens and Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Spectacular views over the rainforest and waterfalls
- It is highly recommended to reconfirm your booking on arrival in Cairns and confirm your hotel pick up departure and pick up time. For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details are included on your tour voucher
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of the tour. Vouchers presented on a mobile device are also accepted
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to stunning Josephine Falls in Cairns! Just an hour's drive away, it's the perfect day out: picnic, swimming & fun!
If you're looking for free activities in Cairns, take your family to explore the breathtaking Barron Falls rainforest canopy walk and lookout!
Babinda Boulders Waterfall - Cairns Wet Tropics Attraction in a rainforest with a Swimming hole, picnic area, and spectacular pool walk.
Yorkeys Knob Foreshore Reserve is a must visit, with lots of free kids activities and things to do in Cairns for the whole family.
Stoney Creek Falls is a must visit if you have an adventurous spirit and are looking for fun, free activities in Cairns, QLD for the whole family!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!