Byron Bay Snorkelling Tours
What you need to know
Visit the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve off the coast of Byron Bay with this outstanding snorkelling experience and see sea turtles, manta rays and much more! Swim with various tropical species up close - the kind that are typically only found in the Great Barrier Reef - within easy reach of the Northern NSW coast. You'll join a friendly crew for a short, five minute boat ride out into the water where you'll no doubt be impressed by the range of colours and creatures found in the clear waters below.
These Byron Bay snorkelling tours are conducted three times per day - at 8am, 11am and 2pm (winter times) and 7.30am, 9.00am, 10.30am, 12.00pm and 1.30pm (summer times) - so you'll have a choice of sessions to take part in. Book online today to take part in an incredible snorkelling adventure that you won't want to miss.
- Equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit) and a free snorkel lesson (if required)
- The boat ride
- Julian Rocks is one of the few snorkel sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean.
- Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish.
- All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
- Whilst snorkelling you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
- Departs from 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay. Tours depart at 8am, 11am, 2pm (winter times) and 7.30am, 9.00am, 10.30am, 12.00pm, 1.30pm (summer times)
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland)
- Duration: 2 and a half to 3 hours with 1 hour in the water snorkelling
What To Bring
- Swim wear
- We offer free snorkel lessons in our on-site heated pool to anyone without a lot of experience or wanting to get acquainted with the equipment before heading out to Julian Rocks. These lessons start 30 minutes prior to the meeting time, please advise the operator if you would like to book in. Please note that all snorkel tour participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please ensure you keep a digital copy of your voucher and present on the day of the experience
- Digital vouchers accepted for this tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.