Byron Bay Sea Kayak with Dolphins and Turtles
What you need to know
A highlight of your stay in Byron Bay will be this ocean sea kayaking adventure that will see you paddling into the open water with dolphins while learning about the local Aboriginal stories and sacred places. You can surf Byron Bay's waves out at Cape Byron, Wategos or The Pass in your kayak and even see Byron's iconic Lighthouse from the comfort of your kayak. If you're booking during whale season, you might be lucky enough to see some of the migrating Humpback Whales up close and personal.
Paddle along The Pass surfing mecca, Wategos millionaire row and Cape Byron, Australia's most Easterly point and keep an eye out for those cheeky dolphins! Their 2.5 hour tour will take you on an incredible outdoor adventure with morning/afternoon tea suplied as well as free photos and all necessary equipment. Tours depart the Cape Byron Marine Park all year round twice a day at 9:30am and 2pm. Everyone is welcome to enjoy a sea kayaking tour off Byron Bay, however those who can't swim are asked to advise your guide before you leave to ensure you're properly fitted with a lifejacket for your safety.
- 2.5 hour Dolphins and Turtles Byron Bay Sea Kayak Tour
- All safety Equipment
- Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Knowledgable guides
- Sit-on-top-style kayak
- Pick up and drop off in Byron Bay
- Wetsuits in cooler months
- Secure storage
- FREE photos for download
- No experience necessary
- Stunning views of Cape Byron Lighthouse
- See happy dolphins in their natural habitat
- Learn about local history, aboriginal culture and marine biology
- Get up close and personal with dolphins, whales and turtles
- Your knowledgable guide will teach you how to surf on your kayak back to shore
- Perfect combination of education, adventure and fun!
What to Bring
- Wear your cossies (That’s Aussie for swimming costume!)
- Long sleeve rash shirt to protect from sun is handy
- Sunscreen, especially on legs and feet
- Towel and sunglasses
- Baseball hat and sunnies are good under your helmet
- You are provided with all safety equipment
- 3 hours (2.5 hours on the water)
- Tours depart from Cape Byron Marine Park. Meet at the trailer opposite 56 Lawson St, Byron Bay 15 minutes before your tour time
- Tours are daily, all year round at 9:30am and 2pm
- Transfers can be arranged from your accommodation at no extra charge, please advise tour operator after making your purchase
What if I can't swim?
- All tours are run by local Surf Life Savers, ensuring your safety. GoSea Kayak Byron Bay has a 100% Safety Record. You are still welcome to paddle, please notify your guide if you are a non-swimmer before starting your tour. All paddlers are fitted with a lifejacket
Will I get wet?
- YES - this is part of the fun and experience! We will provide you with everything you need to enjoy your tour - including safety equipment, snorkelling gear and even a full length wet suit in the cooler seasons. Only waterproof cameras are suitable. All your belongings can be securely locked in our trailer
How fit do I need to be?
- If you have a sense of adventure you will be fine. You do not need to be superman or the bionic woman. You do not need to be an experienced paddler - they will show you the basics to get you started. Most of our customers have never paddled before and they love it!
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher