Overnight Mt Warning Sunrise Walk
What you need to know
Enjoy a day's worth of exploring the iconic wilderness of Mount Warning National Park on this sunrise walk and overnight tour that showcases the best of this lush area, including camping, meals, accommodation transfers and more! On the first day, the experience kicks off in the evening with an overnight camping experience under the clear, starry skies with a tasty barbecue and the opportunity to toast marshmallows on an open fire. You're given the choice of either sleeping in a tent (all equipment is provided) or in one of the available cabins, however cabins are not available on Friday and Saturday tours.
The next day kicks off at dawn with a revitalising breakfast before you're transferred to the start of the summit walking track to kick off the epic 9 kilometre hiking journey. Expect to spend about 4 hours over the course of the return trip, taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of the lovely wilderness along the way, and keeping an eye out for the many kinds of local wildlife that populate the rainforest. Once you reach the summit, you'll be enchanted by the outstanding 360 degree views in the early morning sunlight that surround you in every direction! For an inspiring, comprehensive and great value tour of Mt Warning, book online today.
All transfers, meals and camping equipment are provided for the tour that depart at various times throughout the year (season dependent). Transfers from Byron Bay depart at 5pm and return at 9:30am the following day.
- Overnight tour led by an experienced guide
- All transfers
- All camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, torches)
- All meals (BBQ-style dinner/breakfast)
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ (veg. options available upon request) and roast marshmellows around the campfire
- Camp under the stars (tents/sleeping equip. provided) or sleep in a cabin
The Next Morning
- Breakfast before you start your walk
- Transfer to the start/end of the summit walk
- Start your self-guided 9km, 4 hours return walk
- Pick up from the start/end of the summit walk
- Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home
Times and Departure Point
- Tours times will vary depending on the season. This will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Byron Bay - 5.00pm pick up and 9.30am drop off the following day
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine)
- Raincoat (the weather is changeable)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and swimmers
- Water bottle
- Camera (to capture your amazing moments) if you want to bring your own torch that’s fine but we will provide LED headlights
- Mobile phone ( in case you have to call for help on your walk)
- Alarm clock (could be your mobile phone of course)
- Small bag or backpack (up to 20 litres) to carry your belongings
What to Wear
- Wear comfortable clothes and covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine).
- How many people will participate on our tour? Our local experienced guides only take small groups to ensure you have an unforgettable experience. Minimum number of 4 people and a maximum number of 12 participants.
- Can I leave my backpack, suitcase, bag or surfboard with you during the time I am on your tour? Yes. We can store your backpack, suitcase, bag or surfboard at our premises for free for the time you participate on our tour. Please let us know at the time of your booking whether you want to use this service to arrange the details. However, you will have to pick up your items immediately after finishing the tour.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
Overnight Mt Warning Sunrise WalkPO Box 791, Mt Warning, NSW 2481