Byron Bay Diving Tour for Certified Divers
What you need to know
Join in on a highly enjoyable diving tour in Byron Bay and delve even deeper into the clear, wildlife-rich waters of the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. People with all levels of diving experience are welcome to join in as the friendly, enthusiastic crew will ensure you are confident enough to get the most out of the scuba diving experience; and once you're in the water the bevy of marine life on display will take your breath away!
Come along and see the amazing diversity of aquatic creatures firsthand, including various different kinds of sea turtles, manta rays, harmless wobbegong sharks and hundreds of species of tropical fish just off the coast of Byron Bay. You don't have to fork out a bunch of money and travel all the way to the Great Barrier Reef to get a great scuba diving experience - book a Byron Bay diving tour today and see for yourself!
Divers are offered the option of bringing their own gear or having it all supplied by the crew. The tour lasts for around 50 minutes and offers three departure dates throughout the day; 8am, 11am and 2pm.
- Includes full equipment hire and guide
- All gear provided
- Own gear except tanks and weights
- All own gear
- Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish.
- Only 5 minute boat ride from Byron Bay
- We cater for all levels of dive experience (must be a certified diver)
- When you return to the dive shop there are hot showers and our dive crew will help you fill out your logbooks and identify some of the creatures you saw.
Tour Times and Departure Location
- Tour duration approximately 2 and a half to 3 hours, with 40-50 minutes dive time
- Departing at 8.00am, 11.00am and 2.00pm
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland)
What to Bring
- Please bring your swimmers, towel and certification card
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the same day or multiple days of diving are undertaken, an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- You must be a certified diver to do this trip
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following: Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion, Heart disorders, High or low blood pressure, Diabetes and epilepsy, Ear disorders and damage. If you are under 15 or 45 years and over of age you will also be required to complete a dive medical. If any of these apply please let the operator know
- All divers must have dived within the last 12 months, if it has been between 12 and 18 months since your last dive you will be required to complete a quick refresher before the dive, this will start 30 minutes before the check in time and is an additional $25.00 (payable to the operator on arrival). If it has been over 18 months since your last dive you will be required to complete a full refresher (please book the Scuba Diver Refresher Course instead)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Paper voucher only! - Vouchers must be printed out for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Byron Bay Diving Tour for Certified Divers9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481