Scuba Dive Refresher Courses in Byron Bay
What you need to know
Been a while since your last dive? No problem - this Byron Bay scuba diving refresher course will reintroduce you to the finer skills of diving that you may have not used for some time - and there are few more beautiful places to do so than the Julian Reserve Marine Park off the northern NSW coast! Your dive instructors will teach you with the respect of a veteran while ensuring you get reacquainted with the up-to-date techniques, all while having a great time.
The course takes roughly five hours to complete and includes equipment hire as well as one swimming pool lesson and one dive at the Reserve with your instructor. Get back in touch with your inner scuba diver - book this refresher course online today!
- The price includes equipment hire, one swimming pool lesson and one dive at the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve with an instructor.
- All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
- Swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs.
- All this only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
Times and Departure Location
- Courses run daily at 6.30am, 9.30am and 12.30pm
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland)
- This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
- Meeting at 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If concerned, please consult your doctor. Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following: Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion, Heart disorders, High or low blood pressure, Diabetes and epilepsy, Ear disorders and damage. If any of these apply please let the operator know.
What to Bring
- Swimmers, towel and certification card
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Paper voucher only! - Vouchers must be printed out for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Scuba Dive Refresher Courses in Byron Bay9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481