Open Water Diver Course in Byron Bay
What you need to know
This Byron Bay scuba diving course includes a comprehensive, 3 day open water diving course that will provide you with the certification to dive independent of an instructor anywhere in the world! All aspects of the diving spectrum are covered here, as you join your friendly, highly experienced instructors as they go into detail to cover every skill needed to get your open water scuba diving license all within the waters of the beautiful Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
The course includes all equipment hire as well as four scuba dives and a snorkelling lesson, with the courses starting at 8:00am every Tuesday and Friday. If you've ever wanted to dive in some of the world's best sites without required supervision, this is the course for you - so book online today!
- 3 Day dive course
- The course includes equipment hire
- Tuition swimming pool lessons
- 4 scuba dives and a snorkelling lesson at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve (except diving medical fee)
- Issued PADI and SSI diving certifications
- Once certified you will be able to dive independent of an instructor, at any dive shop anywhere in the world.
Times and Departure Location
- Open Water courses start 8am on NSW daylight savings time every Tuesday and Friday
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland)
- This course takes 3 days to complete.
- Meeting at 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following: Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion, Heart disorders, High or low blood pressure, Diabetes and epilepsy, Ear disorders and damage. If you are under 15 or 45 years and over of age you will also be required to complete a dive medical. If any of these apply please let the operator know
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Paper voucher only! - Vouchers must be printed out for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Open Water Diver Course in Byron Bay9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481