Introductory Scuba Dive Course in Byron Bay
What you need to know
Take the first steps towards getting your scuba certification with these introductory scuba diving courses in the beautiful, wildlife-rich waters off the coast of Byron Bay. If you've ever wanted to try scuba diving but never "taken the plunge", these dive courses will teach you all the essential skills needed to not only participate in, but also enjoy, the world of diving. These diving courses operate daily, with three sessions available - one at 6:30am, 9:30am and 12:30pm - and last around five hours.
All equipment will be provided as your friendly instructors will show you the ropes - first in a swimming pool and then with a real dive at the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Don't hesitate to begin participating in one of the most visually rewarding aquatic experiences available - book a Byron Bay scuba diving course online today!
- Equipment hire
- One swimming pool lesson
- One dive at the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve with an instructor
- Issued PADI and SSI diving certifications
- All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
- Swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs.
- All this only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
Times and Departure Location
- Courses run daily from 6.30am, 9.30am and 12.30pm
- Please note that we operate on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year we are 1 hour ahead of Queensland)
- This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
- If you have always wanted to try scuba diving this is the course for you, no experience is necessary.
- Meeting at 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following: Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion, Heart disorders, High or low blood pressure, Diabetes and epilepsy, Ear disorders and damage. If you are under 15 or 45 years and over of age you will also be required to complete a dive medical. If any of these apply please let the operator know
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Paper voucher only! - Vouchers must be printed out for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Introductory Scuba Dive Course in Byron Bay9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481