Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek Day Tour
Explore the rich vegetation of Windjana Gorge National Park
Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch amongst the trees
Visit Western Australia's oldest cave system
Discover the Fitzroy River
Enjoy a refreshing morning and afternoon tea
Spot the local birds, bats and crocodiles
Departing from Broome bright and early at 6am, you’ll travel through a beautifully remote landscape while your guide shares stories of local history, people and the environment. Stop for morning tea at Willare Roadhouse on the mighty Fitzroy River, visit Myalls Bore and hear the story of the notorious Derby ‘Boab Prison Tree’. Next, travel down Gibb River Road towards the picturesque Napier Range, where you'll soon arrive at Windjana Gorge, the perfect place to experience the stunning natural beauty of an outback oasis. Beneath the 90m gorge walls, search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and indigenous bushtucker with your experienced guide.
Relax and unwind and you enjoy a picnic lunch, before heading out to explore Tunnel Creek, a 750 metre cave system where you’ll have the chance to discover secret caves and subterranean wildlife. Learn about the legend of Jandamarra, who used the tunnel as a hideout in the late 1800s. You will then head to Lillimooloora Station at sunset, with time to enjoy an optional dinner (at your own expense) as you travel back to Broome.
- Please not that this product will not operating for the remainder of 2023.
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Entry Fees
- Park Permits
- Join an Indigenous Bunuba Elder for insight on the walk through Tunnel Creek for $50pp
- Dinner can be purchased on the return trip back to Broome, allow approximately $30pp
- Tour departs Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays at 6:00am retuning approximately 10:00pm.
- This is a full day tour from 6am to 10pm
- This tour takes place in Bandilngan (Windjana Gorge) National Park, North Western WA
- This tour includes pick up and drop off from your hotel/accomodation in Broome, WA
What To Bring
- A pair of shoes/sandals that you don’t mind getting wet
- A broad-brimmed hat with sun visor
- Walking shoes
- Swimming costume & towel
- Personal water bottle
- Camera & film/memory cards
- Cash or credit card to purchase dinner
- Tunnel Creek involves some climbing over rocks and wading through water by torchlight so a reasonable level of mobility is necessary to participate.
- If you cancel your booking, cancellation fees will apply
- A cancellation will only be effective when the provider receives written confirmation of the cancellation
- If you cancel a trip: between 15 and 30 days prior to departure, the provider will retain the deposit; between 4 and 14 days prior to departure, the provider will retain 50% of the total booking cost; 72 hours or less prior to departure, the provider will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Join Marine Biologists on an unforgettable sunset eco cruise along Broome’s coastline to view Snubfin dolphins, turtles and more in Roebuck Bay.
Visit Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park to witness the famous daily crocodile feeding exhibition with park entry and return transfers from Broome included.
Touch rare pearls and artefacts, taste pearl meat and learn the 150 year history of pearling in Broome on this 1.5 hour Luggers Tour of Willie Creek Pearls!
Explore the breathtaking landscapes of the Dampier Peninsula with this fully guided day tour from Broome. Tour includes morning tea and lunch.
Discover the highlights of Broome on this half day tour, immersing yourself in history and culture. Finish off the tour watching the sunset on Cable Beach.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!