Willie Creek Pearl Farm History of Pearling Tour
1.5 hour Willie Creek Pearl Luggers Tour
View remaining pearling luggers
Fascinating guided commentary
Watch rare archival footage
Enjoy an exclusive pearl meat tasting
Discover the history of pearling in Broome
Visit Willie Creek Pearls to discover fascinating insights into the 150 year old pearling industry on a 1.5 hour Pearl Luggers Tour! Featuring a fully rigged and restored pearl lugger and replica jetty and tender store, immerse yourself in the history of the courageous men who lived a life of danger, fortune and adventure. Throughout the tour, visitors will have the opportunity to watch rare archival footage, see valuable pearls and touch pearl artefacts plus try a Broome delicacy, the pearl meat from the Pinctada Maxima oyster. The Willie Creek Pearl Luggers Tours departs daily at 10.45am and 2pm and tell a captivating tale of the unique maritime history of Broome. Book your spot on this tour online here today!
- 1.5 hour Willie Creek Pearl Luggers Tour
- View some of the last remaining pearling luggers in Broome
- Hear an hour of fascinating guided commentary
- Watch rare archival footage
- See, touch and hold some of our most valuable pearls and diving artefacts
- Enjoy an exclusive pearl meat tasting
- Hotel transfers
- Discover the history of pearling in Broome and be captivated by the tale of ‘The Sea, The Men and The Legend’
- Be captivated by 150 years of history as you discover how Broome’s unique maritime and pearling heritage unfolded amongst the mangroves on the foreshore of Dampier Creek
- 1.5 hour tour will have you travelling back in time to an era of courageous men who lived a life of danger, fortune and adventure
- Taste the subtle flavour of pearl meat from the Pinctada Maxima oyster, a true Broome delicacy, which is revered and sought after the world over
- Tours depart at 11.30am
- Pearl Luggers / Willie Creek Pearls is located at 31 Dampier Terrace, Broome
- You must allow 1 hour driving time to the pearl farm from Broome. Note that the road to the Pearl Farm is partially unsealed and the condition of the road may vary. A 4WD is strongly recommended and visitors should contact Willie Creek Pearls on the day of departure if they are unsure of road conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Join Marine Biologists on an unforgettable sunset eco cruise along Broome’s coastline to view Snubfin dolphins, turtles and more in Roebuck Bay.
Visit Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park to witness the famous daily crocodile feeding exhibition with park entry and return transfers from Broome included.
Heading east from Broome, spend the day exploring the incredible Windjana Gorge in all it's natural beauty and discover Tunnel Creek's amazing cave system.
Explore the breathtaking landscapes of the Dampier Peninsula with this fully guided day tour from Broome. Tour includes morning tea and lunch.
Touch rare pearls and artefacts, taste pearl meat and learn the 150 year history of pearling in Broome on this 1.5 hour Luggers Tour of Willie Creek Pearls!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!