Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour Self Drive
What you need to know
A visit to the Willie Creek Pearl Farm is a must do WA attraction to include when you visit Broome. Just 1 hour’s drive from Broome through the striking Kimberley region, the famous award winning facility is open to the public and is a fantastic trip from Broome. On arrival, be guided through the process of modern cultured pearl farming on an interactive tour of the farm. Learn how pearl technicians seed and harvest oysters and discover exactly what makes the perfect pearl. The tour includes a mesmerising cruise through the crystal blue waters of Willie Creek where you will see live oysters in their natural environment.
You’ll also experience a live pearl harvest and learn about the process and care taken to choose the best pearls to transform into beautiful pieces of jewellery. There is ample time to browse in the showroom after the tour. The Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour last 5 hours including travel time, and includes a morning or afternoon tea. We recommend a 4WD on the self drive tour as the road is partially unsealed and the condition of the road may vary.
This is one of Broome’s must do attractions. To learn about the Australian South Sea Cultured Pearls be sure to book the Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour online here!
- Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour
- Morning or afternoon refreshments
- Jewellery Showroom time
- Complimentary Souvenir Guide
- Guides accompany visitors all the way and show the process of culturing pearls from ‘seeding’ through to harvesting
- A demonstration using a live pearl oyster is given to reveal the technical and complex operation involved in starting the pearl process
- Tours run everyday at 8.45am and 1.30pm
- You must allow 1 hour driving time to the pearl farm from Broome. Note that the road to the Pearl Farm is partially unsealed and the condition of the road may vary
- A 4WD is strongly recommended and visitors should contact the tour operator on the day of departure if they are unsure of road conditions. Tour operator details are included on your tour voucher
- Please note all tour times may be subject to change based on seasonality and weather conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour Self Drive32 Blackman Street, Broome, WA 6725