Hole In The Rock Scenic Flight
What you need to know
Want to take part in one of New Zealand's most gorgeous aerial adventures? With this helicopter tour, you'll take an epic airborne adventure on a scenic flight to one of the Bay of Islands, NZ region's most popular natural landmarks - the Hole in the Rock. Departing from Paihia, you'll head across the characteristically colourful waters of the Bay of Islands, passing over Russell and heading towards Cape Brett's iconic lighthouse before turning around and heading for the Hole in the Rock itself.
On the return trip, get wonderful views of white sand beaches and luxurious homes, then soar past the famed and culturally significant Waitangi Treaty Grounds before landing back at Paihia. This is a 20 minute flight that's both reasonably-priced and showcases the best of the Bay of Islands from the air!
- 20 Minute Scenic Flight over the Hole in the Rock and The Bay Of Islands
- Departing from the beachfront helipad in Paihia the flight heads across Russell with views over to Opua and surrounds before tracking along the stunning peninsula coastline to Cape Brett and it’s lighthouse where you will experience an exciting turn to fly around the Hole in the Rock
- Enjoy a scenic flight over the beautiful Bay of islands. Fly over the crystal clear turquoise waters of the main island group to the world famous “Hole in the Rock”. The townships of Russell, Paihia & Waitangi are also viewed from the air.
- The return portion of the flight flys directly over the main islands of the area with birds eye views of their white sandy beaches, inviting turquoise waters and some of the luxurious private residences.
- Coming into land you will fly past the Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia township
Times and Departure Location
- Departing from the beachfront helipad in Paihia, adjacent to the Paihia Wharf
- This flight flys on demand with availability throughout the day so when booking please specify whether you would like to fly in the morning (AM) or in the afternoon (PM) and we will come back to you with the exact time
- Flights are subject to weather
- Flights require a minimum of 2 people, however if 1 person books, we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers
- Children are the same price as adults for ages 4 years and over. Infants are under 4 years and can fly seated on the lap of an adult free of charge
- When booking please provide your accommodation location for contact and the weight of each passenger in the fields provided.
- Adverse weather conditions may mean that the scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended. If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete the full tour then any refund will be adjusted on a pro rata basis dependant on the flying time involved.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Please note that upon booking or prior to departure we may ask for passenger weights to help manage flight loads and fuel, we particularly need to be aware of any passengers that are over 100kg
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Flights operate daily except Christmas Day 25 December. At the completion of purchase, you will need to contact the tour operator to book in a flight time that suits you (Tour Operator details will be printed in your tour voucher)
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Hole In The Rock Scenic FlightMarsden Rd, Paihia, NZ 0200