Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
What you need to know
Experience New Zealand's Bay of Islands’ spectacular natural landscapes as well as the wildlife on this unforgettable Hole in the Rock and Dolphin Cruise! Choose from two departure points (Paihia and Russell) and cruise through the bay’s sheltered waters and its many islands on a luxury catamaran, the Dolphin Seeker, purpose built for dolphin and whale watching. On this tour you'll be aboard a spacious, modern vessel featuring the Bay of Islands’ largest outdoor seating and viewing decks from which you can keep an eye out and get up close to common and bottlenose dolphins, whales and other marine life! You are also able to enjoy uninhibited views of the Cape Brett Lighthouse, as well as the natural highlights.
Visit the iconic Hole in the Rock and even travel right through the narrow space and be surrounded by the majestic rock walls! Experience more of this excitement and natural grandeur as you take in the Grand Cathedral Cave before returning to the mainland. Throughout the tour, your friendly guides shares with you interesting and informative commentary on the area. On this three hour cruise adventure, you can explore the islands, spot dolphins and other marine life and view two of the area’s most famous sites!
Please note: If you happen to not see dolphins or whales on your trip, you are offered a 'go again for free' voucher for another Hole in the Rock and Dolphin Cruise. Subject to availability and only applies to PM departures.
- Half day cruise around the Bay of Islands
- Viewing of dolphins, penguins and other marine wildlife
- The famous 'Hole in the Rock'
- Viewing of Cape Brett and the lighthouse
- Informative commentary
- Cruise past many of the 144 islands
- The largest outdoor viewing and seating decks in the Bay of Islands
- Free ferry ticket one way to Russell or Paihia
- Dolphin Swim : You can purchase this for $30pp on the day (May-Oct only, weather permitting) If we are unable to swim with the dolphins this $30.00 will be refunded back to you on completion of the cruise
What to Bring
- Swimming gear
- Sunhat and sunblock
- Warm clothes - Wear your swimsuit under your clothes for convenient changing
- Departs from the wharf, next to the Maritime Building, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 9.00am and returns at 12.00pm
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 1.30pm and returns 4.30pm
- Departs from the wharf, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 9.10am and returns at 12.15pm
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 1.40pm and returns at 4.30pm
- A full commentary is provided in English by the skipper and crew. Printed guide sheets are available in German, Japanese and Mandarin
- They have a range of hot and cold refreshments and light snacks available for purchase on board. There is an option to pre-order a picnic lunch for $16pp (NB: pre-orders must be received by 6pm the day before travel. Alternatively bring a packed lunch). Lunch available on afternoon (PM) tours only. All options come with a hot or cold non alcoholic drink
- If on the day of your cruise weather conditions are poor you can cancel prior to departure and receive a full refund OR choose to cruise another day
- In the unlikely event we are unsuccessful in viewing dolphins or whales on your trip, we will offer you a 'go again for free' voucher for another dolphin cruise (Subject to availability)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise69 Marsden Rd, Paihia, NZ 0200