Cape Reinga Scenic Flight and Day Tour
What you need to know
This great value tour package combines both land and air adventures with a scenic flight to Cape Reinga followed by a 2.5 hour bus tour of some of Northern New Zealand's best scenery! Experience firsthand the famed beauty of this region as you climb aboard a modern, fixed-wing aircraft and soar over the various harbours, beaches and bays including Whangaroa Harbour, Coopers Beach, Ninety Mile Beach and much more - be sure you bring your camera as you're going to come across some outstanding photo opportunities from high above.
Once landing at the airfield close to Cape Reinga's famous lighthouse, you'll board a comfortable private bus which will take you on an amazing 2.5hr tour around some of the best highlights in North NZ and take a stroll to the lighthouse itself as your experienced, entertaining guide provides you with some local insight into the history and culture of what is a spiritual area to the indigenous people. Take a break to enjoy some light refreshments, enjoy a stroll on the beach, go sand sledding on giant sand dunes and much more before re-boarding the plane and returning back to the Bay of Islands with a cavalcade of memories to cherish forever!
- Includes return flights
- Guided ground tour
- Morning tea
- Tour consists of a flight up to Cape Reinga via Northlands spectacular harbours, such as the Whangaroa Harbour and the Rangaunu Harbour.
- We also pass across some beautiful beaches such as Coopers Beach, Doubtless Bay and of course the famous Ninety Mile Beach. From Ninety Mile Beach we then fly inland where we land at our airfield, which is only 20km from the Cape Reinga lighthouse.
- Our local guide will accompany you on your walk to the lighthouse, sharing the myths and legends or this very spiritual area.
- There is time for a stroll on the beach, then we move across to the Te Paki quicksand stream with its giant sand dunes; (we have sleds available for those who wish to experience the exhilaration of sliding down the sand dunes and try some “sand surfing”).
Times and Departure Location
Departs daily. Times vary summer and winter.
Summer Morning Tour
Pick up in Paihia from 7.45am, returning by 1.20pm or meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.15am, with the return flight landing at approximately 12.50pm. We offer complimentary transfers from Paihia accommodation and Paihia Wharf for Russell Accommodation.
Winter Morning Tour
Pick up in Paihia from 8.15am, returning by 1.50pm or meet us at Kerikeri Airport at 8.45am, with the return flight landing at approximately 1.20pm.
Please note: During the winter season due to wet weather it is possible that the aircraft can not land up at Cape Reinga, on these occasions we can offer a scenic flight only option that is extended to fly over the Cape area.
It will take you on a 5 hour tour around the top of New Zealand.
- Minimum of 2 passengers
- All flights operate subject to weather
- Please note that upon booking or prior to departure we may ask for passenger weights to help manage flight loads and fuel, we particularly need to be aware of any passengers that are over 100kg.
- Please note: During the winter season due to wet weather it is possible that the aircraft can not land up at Cape Reinga, on these occasions we can offer a scenic flight only option that is extended to fly over the Cape area.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Cape Reinga Scenic Flight and Day Tour218 Wiroa Road, Kerikeri, NZ 0293