Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
What you need to know
Experience New Zealand's Bay of Islands’ spectacular natural landscapes as well as the wildlife on this unforgettable Hole in the Rock and Dolphin Cruise! Choose from two departure points (Paihia and Russell) and cruise through the bay’s sheltered waters and its many islands on a luxury catamaran, the Dolphin Seeker, purpose built for dolphin and whale watching. On this tour you'll be aboard a spacious, modern vessel featuring the Bay of Islands’ largest outdoor seating and viewing decks from which you can keep an eye out and get up close to common and bottlenose dolphins, whales and other marine life! You are also able to enjoy uninhibited views of the Cape Brett Lighthouse, as well as the natural highlights.
Visit the iconic Hole in the Rock and even travel right through the narrow space and be surrounded by the majestic rock walls! Experience more of this excitement and natural grandeur as you take in the Grand Cathedral Cave before returning to the mainland. Throughout the tour, your friendly guides shares with you interesting and informative commentary on the area. On this three hour cruise adventure, you can explore the islands, spot dolphins and other marine life and view two of the area’s most famous sites!
Please note: If you happen to not see dolphins or whales on your trip, you are offered a 'go again for free' voucher for another Hole in the Rock and Dolphin Cruise. Subject to availability and only applies to PM departures.
- Half day cruise around the Bay of Islands
- Viewing of dolphins, penguins and other marine wildlife
- The famous 'Hole in the Rock'
- Viewing of Cape Brett and the lighthouse
- Informative commentary
- Cruise past many of the 144 islands
- The largest outdoor viewing and seating decks in the Bay of Islands
- Free ferry ticket one way to Russell or Paihia
- Lunch is not included. Food and drinks are available to purchase at Otehei Bay Café during the island stop at own expense
- Keep an eye out for dolphins, whales and other marine life during your cruise
- Take in the stunning views as we glide out through the islands
- Full commentary provided by your skipper
- Departs from the wharf, next to the Maritime Building, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 9.00am and returns at 12.00pm
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 1.30pm and returns 4.20pm
- Departs from the wharf, waterfront
- Morning Cruise: Departs 9.10am and returns at 12.10pm
- Afternoon Cruise: Departs 1.40pm and returns at 4.30pm
What To Bring
- Swimming gear
- Sunhat and sunblock
- Warm clothes - Wear your swimsuit under your clothes for convenient changing
- Flat soled shoes
- A full commentary is provided in English by the skipper and crew. Printed guide sheets are available in German, Japanese and Mandarin
- If on the day of your cruise weather conditions are poor you can cancel prior to departure and receive a full refund OR choose to cruise another day
- In the unlikely event we are unsuccessful in viewing dolphins or whales on your trip, we will offer you a 'go again for free' voucher for another dolphin cruise (Subject to availability)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.