Uluru Sunrise Tour from Ayers Rock Resort
What you need to know
One of the things that should be on everyone’s bucket list is seeing the spectacular changing colours of Uluru at sunrise. This early morning tour will travel to the sunrise viewing area at Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, which is a purpose-built viewing platform overlooking the best vantage points of this giant, iconic monolith. Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park as the sun’s first rays creep across the desert landscape and the glorious colours of Uluru emerge with the new day.
Departing from Ayers Rock Resort around 90 minutes before sunrise each day and return approximately 75 minutes following. This sunrise tour will let you enjoy the fantastic sweeping views of Uluru as you sip on a hot coffee or tea and nibble on some biscuits. Don't miss out on experiencing one of Australia's most iconic sights, so book yourself an early morning tour of Ayers Rock today, and discover why this massive stone formation is such a magical part of Aussie culture.
NOTE: The National Park Entry Fee is not included in the tour and is payable on the day. The price for adults is $25 and 12.50 for children.
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Morning Tea
- Talinguṟu Nyakunytjaku Viewing Area
- Sunrise over Uluru
- $25/A, $12.5/C National Park Entry fee per adult is not included in the price and is payable on the day of the tour
- Today you’ll be up early to drive to Talinguru Nyakunytjaku – the Uluru sunrise viewing area. During the journey your experienced Driver Guide will share some history on the numerous sacred sites that you’ll pass along the way. These stories form part of what is known to the local Anangu people as Tjukurpa – the foundation of Anangu life and culture. Tjukurpa encompasses Anangu religion, law and moral systems, the creation period and the relationship between people, plants, animals and the land
- Once at Talinguru Nyakunytjaku you’ll be served a morning tea of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and an assortment of sweet biscuits while you begin to familiarise yourself with the beautiful surroundings. You can just relax and take a seat or wander around the viewing area in search of your own personal place to watch the sunrise
- Simply translated, ‘Talinguru Nyakunytjaku’ means ‘to look from the sand dunes’ and this area of Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park lets you do just that. You’ll be captivated by the view from the dunes as the sun rises over Uluru in the foreground and Kata Tjuta in the distance
- The Talinguru Nyakunytjaku viewing platform allows you to see for many kilometres. From here you’ll witness first light as it gently embraces the desert landscape. You’ll no doubt want to take advantage of the amazing photo opportunities that this experience provides. As the sun rises so too does the incredible birdlife that calls Uluru home. Listen as the birdsong welcomes the new day and experience the tranquillity of nature
- Tours depart daily 90 minutes prior to sunrise from Ayers Rock Resort, then returns approximately 75 minutes after sunrise to Ayers Rock Resort. Exact time will be confirmed with you within 48 hours of departure by the tour operator
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Uluru Sunrise Tour from Ayers Rock ResortTouring and Information Centre, Ayers Rock Resort, Ayers Rock, NT 0872