Auckland to Waitomo Caves Day Tour (return Auckland)
What you need to know
Venture to the highly popular and enchanting glow worm caves of Waitomo from Auckland and view thousands of luminescent lights radiating from these tiny creatures that line the walls as expert and experienced guides provide informative commentary on the caves' historical and geological significance. We leave Auckland in the morning, enjoying a morning snack along the way, before arriving at Waitomo and embarking on a guided tour through its famous glowworm caves and their amazing limestone formations before finishing it up with a mystical boat ride through "Glow Worm Grotto" - an underground cavern illuminated by the glowworms' natural light.
Follow it up with some leisure time to be spent at the Waitomo Visitor Complex where you'll be able to soak in some amazing views before returning to Auckland in the afternoon - a satisfying conclusion to an enchanting day! NOTE: This version of the both departs from, and concludes in, Auckland.
- Luxury coach travel Auckland - Waitomo - Auckland
- Informative driver commentary
- Morning snack
- Waikato and King Country scenery
- Guided tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- A complimentary pick-up and drop offer service is provided from inner city hotels
- Tour departs at 7:30 am, Sky City Coach Terminal, 102 Hobson Street (or earlier from your hotel) and arrive back at approximately 3.10pm
What to wear
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and taking a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking.
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.
Auckland to Waitomo Caves Day Tour (return Auckland)102 Hobson St, Auckland, NZ 1010