Taupo Swing Experience
Swinging right down towards the crystal clear water
Taupo swing experience
Enjoy the scenery as the swinging slows
New Zealand’s extreme swing!
44 metres above the Waikato River
You can choose whether to go solo or tandem
- Taupo swing experience
- Complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs
- Operated from a platform, 44 metres above the Waikato River
- Once the harness is connected, its action time! You can choose a countdown or the surprise option, either way the release cord is pulled and the freefall kicks in
- Swinging right down towards the crystal clear waters below, then arcing up to nearly 180°, the experience will reach speeds of up to 70kph
- As the swinging slows, you can enjoy the scenery as the winch takes care of the ride back to the platform
- You can choose whether to go solo or tandem
- Open Friday – Tuesday from 9:30am - 4.00pm (winter) or 9.30am - 5.00pm (summer). Currently closed Wednesday/Thursday
- During the busy period (over summer), it's suggested you come in as early as possible to avoid disappointment
- We recommend that groups of 5 or more, book at least 24hrs in advance (The operator contact details will be printed on your voucher)
- The whole experience, from registration to watching your jump or extreme swing video on-screen, is roughly 20 – 30 minutes. However, this time is dependent on how busy the site is. Our customers arrive on-site, proceed with registration and payment and then join the queue on the platform
- Minimum Weight Swing = 30kgs (66lbs)
- Maximum Weight = 150kgs (330lbs) per person. For tandem swings, maximum combined weight of 180kgs (393lbs)
- Minimum Age = 10 years old. If aged between 10 and 14 years, a parent or guardian’s signature is required
- Maximum Age = None. So long as you are fit and healthy, there is no limit. To date, our oldest bungy jumper is 90 years old
- All participants must fit the appropriate safety harness in order to perform activity
- The operator need to know of any medical conditions and/or injuries that could make the ride less enjoyable or unsafe for you. These include: High Blood Pressure; Epilepsy; Asthma; Heart Conditions; Head Injuries; Pregnancy; Back Injuries; Artificial Limbs; Previous Dislocations; or any Neurological Disorders. Please keep in mind, that if you choose not to jump/swing, your ticket cannot be refunded or transferred
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!