Waitomo Glowworm and Rotorua Day Tour return Rotorua
What you need to know
If you're looking to see all the highlights of Rotorua and Waitomo, join this great coach tour and you'll see all that and more - magical glow worms and world-famous limestone formations await at Waitomo, and the famous combination of cultural heritage and geothermal beauty of Rotorua. We'll depart from Auckland in the morning and head out on the open road towards the lush farmland of the Waikato and King County regions and then enjoy a morning tea as wee drive past Rangiriri - the location of many historic Maori Land Wars sites.
Once we arrive at Waitomo we'll embark on a guided tour through the famous Waitomo Glow Worm Caves - a location full of amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other impressive limestone formations then cap up this portion of the tour with a boat ride through the musical Glow Worm Grotto, an underground cavern that is illuminated by the flickering of thousands of tiny glowworms! Enjoy a picnic style lunch before we journey onwards to Rotorua and visit a working farm, visit Te Pula for a Maori cultural performance, and cap off the tour with a guided tour of the bubbling mud pools and geysers of Te Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley and the famous Pohutu geyser. NOTE: This version of the tour departs from Auckland and terminates in Rotorua.
- Luxury coach travel Auckland - Waitomo - Rotorua (tour concludes in Rotorua)
- Informative driver commentary
- Morning snack
- Waikato and King Country scenery
- Guided tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Picnic style lunch
- Agrodome organic farm tour
- Maori cultural performance
- Guided tour of Te Puia's geothermal valley, woodcarving and weaving schools
- A complimentary pick-up and drop offer service is provided from inner city hotels.
- This tour departs at 7:30 am, Sky City Coach Terminal, 102 Hobson Street and returns at approximately 5pm.
What to wear
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and taking a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking.
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.
Waitomo Glowworm and Rotorua Day Tour return Rotorua102 Hobson St, Auckland, NZ 1010