Waitomo Caves and Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland
What you need to know
Depart from Auckland for a journey to the "real" Middle Earth with this half-day Hobbiton tour of the Hobbiton / Lord of the Rings movie set where Peter Jackson worked his magic to produce the award-winning film series! Enter a fantasy world that blends in seamlessly with the beautiful surrounding landscape of New Zealand's Matamata region and be blown away by its simultaneously quaint and charmingly realistic feel. This Hobbiton tour also includes admission into the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves - an iconic regional highlight brimming with these illuminating natural marvels - as well as a morning snack and delicious picnic lunch that you'll be able to enjoy in these unique surrounds.
Featuring luxury coach transfers that will deliver you from your Auckland hotel into the heart of Hobbiton, if you're looking for an escape into J.R.R Tolkien's vividly-imagined world of little people and adventure, then the Lord of the Rings / Hobbiton tour is an ideal choice - book online today!
- Admission into Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Morning Snack
- Delicious Picnic Lunch
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Luxury coach transfers
- Hotel pick-up
- This is a 12.5 hour trip approximately.
- 7:30am - Hotel pickups commence prior to this time. Upon completion of your booking, please contact the operator to get your exact pick up time. This tour departs from the Skycity Travel Centre should you not require a hotel pickup.
- The tour finishes in Auckland at 8.10pm or Rotorua at 6pm approximately.
Days of Operation
- This tour operates 7 days a week.
Hotel Pick Up
- A complimentary hotel-pick up is included in this day tour. At the time of booking, please select your designated accommodation property to book this in and obtain your pick-up time. Please ensure you are waiting 10 minutes prior at your designated pick-up location
If you have booked a hotel
- Select your hotel name and pick up time from the location drop down list provided. If your hotel is not listed, select an alternative hotel in close proximity and make your way to that hotel on the day of the tour. Alternatively, choose Skycity Travel Centre from the location drop down list and make your way to that location on the day of the tour, as this is the main departure point
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- Select Skycity Travel Centre from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Once your hotel arrangements have been finalised, you can contact the local tour operator to change your pick up details. Local tour operator's contact details will appear on your tour voucher
If your hotel is not listed or you do not require a hotel pick up
- Select Skycity Travel Centre location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Make your way to this location at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Can we take luggage on-board the coach should we be travelling onwards to Rotorua? Yes absolutely!
- Can you dress up when visiting the Hobbiton Movie Set? Absolutely. We highly recommend this.
- What happens if it rains? Hobbiton Movie Set provide raincoats and umbrellas to ensure to stay dry.
- How many passengers does the coach hold? 49 people max.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking.
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.
Waitomo Caves and Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from AucklandThe Millennium Centre Level 2 Building C/602 Great South Road, Greenlane, AUK 1051