Waitomo Glowworm Caves Eco Tour
Amazing glow worm displays
Away from the crowds
Only 2-8 people per group
Authentic eco experience
#1 Trip Advisor rated tour in the Waitomo
- Guided 3 hour glowworm caving experience
- All clothing, footwear & equipment provided
- Only 2 - 8 people per tour group
- Hotel transfers
- 20-30 minutes getting ready and having a safety briefing
- 5-10 minute walk to the cave
- 10-15 minute walk through native New Zealand bush and the scenic Mangapu gorge, to become accustomed to the rough terrain before entering the caves
- Approximately 2 hours exploring the caves, including several glow worm displays
- 10 minute bush walk back to office/house
- Allow extra time for a shower and to change, and for tea/coffee with light refreshments
- Waitomos top-rated, most authentic glowworm caving experience
- An “off the beaten track” 3 hour adventure into the stunning limestone & glow worm caves
- Beautiful native bush, climbing over boulders & wading a freshwater stream that flows into the cave system
- Glowing Adventures have left their caves in the purest & most natural state
- Genuine eco-adventure into the heart of New Zealand’s magical glow worm environment
- Explore magical glow worm displays at your own pace
- No concrete paths or electric lighting
- Guides will also take great pictures of your adventure which will be emailed to you afterwards for free
- Tour times vary throughout each month and are subject to availability
- 3 hour tour, approximately 2 hours is spent in the cave system
- Tours depart from Glowing Adventures office, located at 1199 Oparure Road, Te Kuiti 3985, Waitomo
What To Bring
- All the clothing and equipment is provided for a unique “real caving experience"
- Small cameras are welcome. Due to safety reasons, no large cameras, tripods or selfie sticks are permitted as you will need your hands free at all times when moving through the caves
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants and a maximum of 8
- Children must be a minimum of 12 years or more
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- This tour is not suitable for elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties as it involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- Cancellations within 24 hours of your tour date or no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations with at least 24 hours notice or more will incur a 10% cancellation fee
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!