Cathedral Cove Jet Boat Ride - 45 Minutes
45 minutes jet boat ride to Cathedral Cove
Reach speeds up to 80kmph
Hold on tight for white knuckle spins
Race past spectacular volcanic coastlines
Available October to April
- 45 minute jet boat ride to Cathedral Cove
- Professional jet boat driver
- Fun and witty commentary along the way
- Full safety briefing
- 45 minutes of white knuckle excitement aboard the Cathedral Cove Jet Boat
- Professional jet boat driver providing fun and witty commentary along the way
- Great view of Cooks Beach blowhole and snapper viewing in the marine reserve
- Full safety briefing
- Full throttle speed
- High-speed drifting, heart-pumping power slides and white knuckle spins
- This experience is 45 minutes in duration
- You must arrive at Whitianga Wharf at least 15 minutes prior to your ride departure time.
- Departure times may change due to the weather conditions on the day
- This experience is available between 1st October - 30th April
- This experience departs from Whitianga Wharf, Esplanade Rd, Whitianga, 3591.
- Please note we do not pick up or drop off at Ferry Landing due to safety reasons. If you are coming across on the Whitianga Ferry you will need to allow extra travel time for this (at least 30 mins).
- Street parking near the Whitianga Wharf is free for two hours but it’s important you leave yourself enough time to find a park, they can be hard to find during peak times.
What To Bring
- Sunglasses are recommended all year round. Please dress appropriately for a wet and wild ride! Do not bring a bag. We provide waterproof ponchos if needed. Dress warmly in the winter; gloves and hats are recommended on cold days but nothing that will fly off at high speed.
- Cathedral Cove Jet reserves the right to cancel or amend any departures due to sea/weather conditions, or minimum numbers not reached. If we cancel a departure, you will not be charged.
Terms And Conditions
- We have scheduled times throughout the day, and we must leave at the set departure time
- If you miss your departure and cannot change to another departure time, there will be no refund
- If you are running late or you are not going to make the departure time, please give us a call ASAP so we can try and make another plan, please bear in mind that we do have a cancellation policy which may apply in this instance
- The minimum age for this experience is five years old
- Children 14 and under require an adult to accompany them on their experience
- The minimum height for this experience is one metre
- Unfortunately, we do not have storage on site or on the jet, please leave all your valuables in your car or accommodation before coming to the wharf.z
- Medical considerations: Any breaks, fractures, or neck or back problems must be brought to our attention prior to booking, feel free to call our friendly team to discuss whether the conditions on the day and the ride will be suitable for you. If you are pregnant, congratulations! Sadly, however, you will be not permitted to ride on the jet boat.
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!