Bay of Islands with Rotorua and Waitomo Combo
What you need to know
Head from Auckland to visit three of New Zealand's top sightseeing spots - the Bay of Islands, Rotorua and Waitomo Glow Worm Caves - all in one package. Spread out over two days, you'll depart Auckland on the first day and set out for the spectacular Bay of Islands where you'll board a purpose-built dolphin seeking vessel and cruise the waters of this famously beautiful stretch of ocean, keeping an eye out for the abundant marine life in the waters and paying a visit to the iconic Hole in the Rock and Cape Brett Lighthouse.
On day two, you'll travel south from Auckland through lush farmland in pursuit of Waitomo Caves - a fabulous network of limestone formations and home to a glittering colony of glow worms. On a guided tour through the caves, you'll witness stalactites, stalagmites and various other ancient rock formations along the way, all capped off with a magical boat ride through the glow worms' home. Follow it up with a tasty picnic lunch and head on to Rotorua - a geothermal wonderland home to all manner of impressive natural volcanic phenomena.
Tour an organic working farm, see sheep being shorn and watch live sheep dogs at the Agrodome, soak in the Maori culture of Te Puia, and witness the eerily wonderful Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley with its various geysers and hot springs.
- Two day combo
- Bay of Islands day tour
- 'Hole in the Rock' dolphin watching cruise
- Waitomo Caves guided tour including Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Geysers, mud pools and Māori cultural performance at Te Puia, Rotorua
- Rotorua Agrodome farm tour and sheep show
- Lunch and afternoon tea on day two
- Luxury coach travel with informative driver commentary
- Dolphin cruise to the famous 'Hole in the Rock'
- Guided tour of Waitangi Treaty Grounds (optional extra)
- Waitomo Caves tour including Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Geysers, boiling mud pools and a Māori cultural performance at Te Puia
- Agrodome farm tour including sheep shearing demonstration
- These tours include FREE WiFi onboard the coach
Day 1 Highlights - Bay of Islands Day Tour and Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
- Enjoy a coach ride and enjoy New Zealand's scenery as you go north from Auckland to the Bay of Islands for a half-day dolphin cruise
- On arrival in Paihia, join the crew aboard the purpose-built catamaran for a three-hour cruise through sheltered clear waters
- Enjoy the views as you cruise out past gem-like islands and the Cape Brett Lighthouse to the majestic Hole in the Rock. If conditions permit, your skipper will navigate right through the hole. At the end of the cruise, rejoin your driver for the return journey to Auckland
Day 2 Highlights - Waitomo Caves and Rotorua Experience
- Experience magical glowworms and world-famous limestone formations at Waitomo Caves, as well as the rich cultural heritage and geothermal bounty of Rotorua
- Take a guided tour through the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Over 45 minutes you'll see amazing stalactites, stalagmites, huge caverns and other limestone rock formations, formed over 30 million years ago. Your tour finishes with a magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto – a cavern illuminated by the twinkling lights of thousands of tiny glowworms
- Leaving Waitomo, enjoy a picnic-style lunch (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request) en route to Rotorua, where at the Agrodome you'll tour an organic working farm on an all-terrain vehicle, see sheep being shorn and view a live sheep dog trial
- Experience a traditional Māori welcome and cultural performance at the marae (meeting house), before entering the wonderful landscape of the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley for a guided tour of its bubbling mud pools and powerful geysers. The tour also includes a visit to Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools
- A delicious afternoon snack, including traditional Māori rewana bread, can be enjoyed as your coach returns to Auckland
- Tour departs both days at 7:30am and returns at 8.10pm
- Tours depart from Sky City Coach Terminal, 102 Hobson St, Auckland or please provide your hotel drop off address
- This tour combo must be taken over two consecutive days in the above mentioned order
- Both tours operate daily
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of your purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Bay of Islands with Rotorua and Waitomo ComboThe Millennium Centre Level 2 Building C/602 Great South Road, Greenlane, AUK 1051