Auckland Sky Tower SkyWalk
What you need to know
Live life on the edge—brave the SkyWalk around the iconic Auckland Sky Tower! At 192 metres above the ground, traverse a narrow walkway - with no railings or handles - around the exterior of the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere! Place one foot in front of the other on the 1.2 metre wide platform and walk 360 degrees around the famous tower with nothing but air on either side of you! In addition to making for an exhilarating experience, the open air provides uninhibited views of the beautiful City of Sails and beyond—you will be able to see 80 kilometres in every direction!
As you make your way around, your friendly and knowledge guide shares the history of the Sky Tower and of Auckland, as well as other interesting tidbits about the city. Further, you have plenty of opportunities to stop and take in the views of the glistening harbour, Auckland’s landmarks and all of the ant-sized people beneath you. There is one stop in particular that is a SkyWalk highlight for many. Part way through the SkyWalk, if you dare, you can actually lean right over the edge for the ultimate freeing and invigorating feeling! If you wish, you can even take home a photo of the memorable moment.
While a thrilling (and, for some, positively terrifying) experience, there is little real risk involved. Rigorous safety standards are upheld and, to keep you safe on your SkyWalk, you sport a full body harness that attaches to safety lines overhead. See all of Auckland in one shot in one exciting and unique adventure on the SkyWalk!
- SkyWalk around Auckland's famous Sky Tower
- FREE Sky Tower pass
- SkyWalk hat
- 192 metres above ground
- No Handrails
- Nothing but air either side of you
- 1.2 metre wide walkway
- Adults and children must weigh between 30kgs and 130kgs
- Minimum age is 10yrs
- Child must be 10 to 15yrs of age at the time of activity
- Must be taller than 1.3m
- 10am, 10.30am, 11am, 11.30am, 12pm, 12.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm, 4pm and 4.30pm
- SkyWalk is located at Auckland's Sky Tower, cnr of Federal and Victoria St, Auckland Cuty, New Zealand
- What if the wind is strong? - SkyWalk, at the top of the Sky Tower, has very strict cut-off limits for wind. We also have a minimum weight restriction of 45kgs in winds over 45 km/h
- What is the minimum age? - 10 years old. In fact, SkyWalk is actually an awesome educational tour and Auckland activity for special interest school groups! (Please note: written parental consent is required for all people aged 10-14 years.
- Are there any limitations or restrictions? - SkyWalk is designed to carry a maximum weight of 130kg. The only physical requirement for SkyWalk is the ability to reliably walk around the pergola. SkyWalk, Auckland, has created a way for people with some physical limitations to participate in a SkyWalk by using a Hand Gliding harness, where you can simply harness in and 'glide' around. Not everyone is able to do this. Contact us here at Auckland’s SkyWalk and we will be able to asses if it is right for you. You can also check out our page on Disabled Access to SkyWalk, here. People with heart problems should consult their physician. You don’t have to bring anything with you as we provide all equipment. But we do need you to wear shoes. Loose-fitting footwear is not acceptable as we don’t want to see your jandals flying over the city or hitting innocent pedestrians
- Can pregnant women do the Skywalk? - For the health and safety of you and your unborn baby we are unable to take pregnant women on the SkyWalk
- How much time do I need? - From check in at Mission Control, to waving our team goodbye with a huge smile on your dial, the SkyWalk experience takes around 75 minutes. The perfect Auckland tourist attraction for those on a schedule
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction. (Only if they accept mobile vouchers put this)
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Auckland Sky Tower SkyWalk72 Victoria St W, Auckland, NA 1141