15 Minute Volcanoes and Beaches Helicopter Flight
What you need to know
Take in the best blend of amazing volcano and glorious beach on this 15 minute Auckland flight itinerary over the gulf and above Rangitoto Island. The islands surrounding Auckland are spectacular and on this flight you'll be able to take them in from high above - join your friendly pilot/guides and board your helicopter before soaring over the lovely waters of Waitemata Harbour and further out to the Hauraki Gulf, passing over Browns Island before reaching Rangitoto Island itself. This large volcanic cone-shaped island sits just off the coast of Auckland and boasts a blend of rugged lava crops, lush native bush and golden sandy coves, and you'll see all this and more from the best possible vantage point during your scenic flight.
Head back around towards the city and take in the wonderful skyline of Auckland before returning to your helipad. A great combination of scenery that mixes city sights, pristine beaches and unique volcanic formations, this is a balanced and enjoyable scenic flight from Auckland.
- 15 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Hotel transfers
- As you lift off from our downtown heliport at Mechanics Bay you will fly across the glistening Waitemata Harbour to the Devonport Naval Base, capturing views of Auckland's Harbour Bridge, flying over the Viaduct Harbour (once home of the America's Cup) and Westhaven Marina before we fly past the Sky Tower and over the lush greenness of Auckland Domain, a central recreational park
- Heading east we pass popular inner harbour beaches and suburbs of St Heliers, Kohimarama, Mission Bay and Orakei Basin
- Fly over Browns Island, another of the Hauraki Gulf's distinctive volcanic crater islands before travelling out across the Rangitoto Channel to Rangitoto Island, the largest, youngest and one of the least modified of about 50 volcanic cones and craters in the Auckland volcanic field
- Flights operate daily except Christmas Day 25 December. At the completion of purchase, you will need to contact the tour operator to book in a flight time that suits you (Tour Operator details will be printed in your tour voucher)
- 15 minutes
- A minimum of 2 passengers are required
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
15 Minute Volcanoes and Beaches Helicopter Flight234 Rosedale Road, Albany, AUK 1010