Auckland Museum Ticket and Highlights Tour
What you need to know
Take the extra step into going further in-depth about the many exhibits of Auckland Museum with this combined admission and guided tour package. You'll not only have plenty of time to explore and observe the many wonders of the museum and its tributes and showcases of Maori, European and Pacific Islander culture and history but also be met by a qualified and knowledgeable tour guide who will take you on a 1 hour tour and explain all of its highlights in greater detail. The guides are famous for their positive attitudes and passion about the Auckland Museum and its offerings, and will be happy to answer any and all questions you might have regarding aspects of history, culture and more.
If you're looking for an Auckland Museum package that strikes the ideal balance between offerings and price, then the general admission and highlights tour provides everything you'll need to get the most out of your time at this world-class cultural facility.
- General Admission
- 1 Hour Tour
- Expert guides take you through the galleries and describe some of our most important collections, taonga (treasures), objects and specimens with fascinating histories and stories.
- One of our greatest treasures is the building itself, one of New Zealand’s finest heritage buildings.
Tours depart daily at 10.45am, 12.45pm and 2.15pm.
Tours leave from the Grand Foyer, please assemble by the Welcome Lounge.
Galleries and Exhibition
Open daily, Monday to Sunday 10am - 5pm. (Anzac Day opens 6.45am) Closed Christmas Day.
- Monday to Saturday 10am - 5pm
- ANZAC Day 10am - 5pm
- Sundays and public holidays closed
Open daily 9.30am - 5pm
Open daily 10am - 5pm
Located at The Auckland Domain, Parnell.
The Museum is close to the motorways and the city centre and in easy walking distance from the popular shopping and café areas of Parnell Village and Newmarket.
Services and Amenities
- A wheelchair ramp is located at the two main entrances. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Security Desk in the Museum Foyer if needed
- No food or drink is allowed to be taken into the galleries as eating or drinking in the galleries is not permitted.
- The Museum has 200 secure, undercover carparks available from 6.30am to 6.30pm. Your first 30 minutes are free. Entry from Maunsell Road which is the Newmarket side of the Domain. The carpark pay station accepts VISA, MasterCard, EFTPOS and cash up to $20 notes. This car park is under CCTV and security surveillance.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Auckland Museum Ticket and Highlights TourThe Auckland Domain, Auckland, AUK 1010