Auckland Maori Culture Day Tour
What you need to know
This unique full day sightseeing tour takes you off the beaten track to see the sights of Auckland city’s famous landmarks and touring the wild West Coast with its sub tropical rainforests and stunning volcanic black sand beaches. Discover a landscape rich with indigenous flora and fauna and cultural and historical significance to New Zealand’s Maori people. Highlights of this trip include a scenic drive through the bohemian township of Titirangi well known for its gifted artisans, sweeping panoramic views of Auckland’s City of Sails, visiting the Arataki Visitor Centre and walking among the giant Kauri trees of an ancient subtropical rainforest. This scenic tour of Auckland takes you to visit the stunning black sand beaches on Auckland's famous wild West Coast featuring spectacular ocean vistas, windswept cliffs and roaring surf. Your personal Maori tour guide will entertain you along the way with insights and informative commentary on local Maori myths and legends, the indigenous, flora and fauna and fascinating facts about the area and its stunning wildlife. This tour is a fantastic introduction to Auckland and its surrounds with fascinating insights into New Zealand’s unique Maori culture from the eyes of a local, knowledgeable Maori guide. On this sightseeing tour you will learn more about Auckland in a day than you could by yourself in a week!
TIME Unlimited Tours are a high-end, luxury tour company who provide intimate and personalised tours.They were the overall winners in the category "Meaningful" at the Luxperience Awards 2015 which are a Worldwide Luxury Tourism Award.
- Return transfers from Auckland city accommodation
- Full Day Auckland Guided Tour with your Maori guide
- Travel with a high-end luxury award-winning tour provider
- Tasty snacks, hot/cold drinks and picnic lunch
- All taxes and park fees
- Luxury vehicles & gear
- Titirangi (Maori for Fringe of Heaven), the artists’ enclave on the Manukau Harbour;
- The Arataki Visitor Centre at the gateway to Auckland's famous West Coast with its very interesting displays and magnificent views over the Manukau Harbour;
- Te Wao Nui o Tiriwa, (ancient forest of Tiriwa) the indigenous forest covering the Waitakere Ranges to the west of Auckland.
- Walk among unique indigenous trees and plants, learn their Maori names and their importance as both food and medicine.
- Meet some of our shy bush-dwelling native birds. Hear the lore and legends of the bush.
- Spectacular ocean vistas along Auckland’s wild West Coast in our famous Waitakere Ranges;
- Unique indigenous flora and fauna;
- Te Taihauuru (the famous ‘Wild West Coast’) with its the unique and spectacular black sand beaches, windswept cliffs and roaring surf
- We visit the most stunning of all the black sand beaches on Auckland's famous West Coast!
- Ancient native rainforest including our New Zealand Christmas Trees (Pohutukawa Trees) and our amazing Kauri Trees, some of the world's great trees.
- Pickup 9am and drop-off 5pm from your downtown Auckland accommodation
What to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Swimming gear (in summer)
- Your camera and a smile
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Auckland Maori Culture Day TourSuite 9, 17B Farnham Street, Parnell, NZ 1052