Aldermen Islands or Ruamaahu Nature Reserve Scenic Boat Tour
2 hour scenic tour of Alderman Islands
World class nature cruise
Amazing Aldermen Islands
Amazing ryolite domes
Endemic flora and fauna
Spot dolphins, sharks, turtles, whales and sea birds
Discover the unique chain of islands also known as the ‘Vanishing Volcanoes on a scenic boat tour of Alderman Islands/Ruamaahu Nature Reserve. Regarded as one of New Zealand’s finest diving locations, you may be surprised by the array of wildlife that can be found here. While out on the water, keep your eyes on the horizon for whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles and sea birds in the glistening ocean waters of the Coromandel.
Over the course of two hours, you’ll cruise past amazing ryolite domes, sweeping cliff faces stretching hundreds of metres vertically into the air and incredible flora and fauna. This magical place is waiting to be waiting explored. Book your spot on this scenic nature cruise for an unforgettable day out in the Coromandel exploring Alderman Islands.
- 2 hour scenic boat tour of the amazing Aldermen Islands
- This is our Premier Tour in a truly world class nature cruise
- Two hour scenic boat tour of the amazing Aldermen Islands
- This unique island chain consists of amazing ryolite domes
- Sightings may include whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles
- An adventure with our expert local guides
- Sweeping cliff faces stretching hundreds of metres vertically into the air
- This experience is two hours in duration
- Operates at 8am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 3pm
- This experience departs from Coromandel Ocean Adventures at 1 The Marina, Tairua, New Zealand
- Please avoid parking in the Marina carpark, as this is residents only
- Tours depart from the boat ramp opposite The Old Mill Cafe, so keep an eye out for the fancy red tractor and boat
- Please be there about 10 mins before your trip is scheduled to depart
What To Bring
- Wind Jacket/Warm Jacket
- Participant changes are fine
- Max of 12 per tour
- Provider will contact the members of each party re weather changes
- No wheelchair access
- Bring your best wildlife spotting eyes!
Terms And Conditions
- Keep your phone close, as we may alter the trip time by an hour or two
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!