Alice Springs Camel Rides - 1 Hour
What you need to know
Take part in one of the Aussie outback's most iconic experiences with a camel ride in Alice Springs through the amazing red heart of the country. Join your friendly guides and hop on the back of one of the calm and patient camels to head out on a journey past Ironbark and Mulga trees, vast clay flats, and plenty of rugged scenery including spectacular views across the magnificent MacDonnell Ranges. Keep an eye out for native wildlife symbolic of both the outback and Australia as a whole including kangaroos, wallabies, budgies, lizards and more.
With friendly and knowledgeable local guides who know all the essentials of the Alice Springs region, you'll be able to ask any questions you may have throughout, and grab a bunch of memorable photos to commemorate your time on camel-back. You'll no doubt be surprised how relaxing a camel ride truly is - allowing you to simply sit back, enjoy the trip and soak in the incredible untouched surroundings of Australia's Red Centre.
There are three camel ride options available; the midday ride, 2:30pm ride and the sunset tour with different departure times throughout the year. This tour is suitable for children of all ages with those under the age of three required to sit on their parent's lap and those above 3 years are to sit in a saddle seat in front of their parent or guardian. This one hour camel ride is a must-do if you're visiting the outback, so book yourself a tour online today!
- 1 hour camel tour
- Free transfers from Alice Springs accommodation
- The tracks follows an avenue of Iron Bark and Mulga trees, across a clay pan flat, and climbs a slight incline to get sweeping views across the MacDonnell Ranges through Temple Bar Gap
- Almost every day you can see kangaroos and wallabies, many birds including budgies and birds of prey, and often lizards
- Tours depart daily at 12pm, 2.30pm and sunset (subject to availability)
- Between August and October, all tours are NOT available on Thursdays and the 2.30pm tours are not available on Mondays
- Sunset camel ride departure time varies according to season (Winter season: 20 April to 30 September departs at 5pm, Mid season: 1 October to 31 October and 20 March to 19 April departs at 5.30pm, Summer season: 1 November to 19 March departs at 6pm)
- Please allow approximately 2.5 hours for the whole experience including transfers
- Pyndan Camel Tracks is located on 21259 Jane Rd, about 17 kilometres south west of Alice Springs
What to Bring
- Please wear comfortable clothing that protects you from sunburn, sunscreen, a hat and a water bottle
- Filtered water available in the Camel Lounge
- It is safe for children and their responsible adult will sit in the saddle seat behind a child. Children under 3 years old must sit on a parent's lap
- The 1 hour tour can take 1 to 18 riders
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
Alice Springs Camel Rides - 1 Hour15 Jane Rd, White Gums, NT 0870